Illegally Blonde: How I Achieved This Look
- THIS IS NOT A PAID/SPONSORED POST -
I really like experimenting with my hair. There was a time when I just went batshit crazy, cut most of my locks off and sported a Rico Blaco-esque hairstyle. Now, I’m in my BLONDE phase and so far, haven’t gotten tired of it yet. Some people have been asking me where I get my hair done and how. Well, this post is for you, my friends.
Channeling my inner butch, May 2009.
I LOVED THIS LOOK. It was much shorter when I had it cut the first time and I felt like a rockstar. A lesbian rockstar.
Miguel Alquiros of the Hairshaft Salon at The Podium has been my stylist ever since I started going steady with Jimmy last April 2010. He’s done an awesome job maintaining my usually stubborn hair and I really like his style because he explains to me the process, especially with this whole blonde thingamajig. Most people assume that when you want to be blonde, you just bleach your hair and that’s it. But you only do that when you want to screw your hair over and make it hate you (or if you’re going for that “kanto blonde” look). Fortunately for me, Migs actually cares about my hair and handles it with love. Here’s the whole process…
1. I entered the salon at exactly 12nn, June 23. As usual, I was offered something to drink, as with all their customers. I had tea because that’s my default drink.
2. They pre-lightened my 2-inch super duper black regrowth and it took about an hour. However, I’m dumb so I don’t have a photo of that. -__-
3. Washed my hair.
4. Blow-dried my hair.
My stylish stylist, Migs (in the yellow shirt and vest).
5. It was almost 2pm and I hadn’t eaten yet. The staff wholeheartedly volunteered to buy me food inside the mall and I was ready to down a sandwich. When I got back to my seat, guess what welcomed me.
Charaaan! My pot of tea, two delicious egg tarts and muddaeffin’ chilled taho c/o Migs. I WAS STOKED! No need to buy my sandwich~ (No, free food is not included in their services, just so we’re clear.)
6. Once my hair was dry, they applied the highlights. The lighter streaks give it the blonde look that we’re going for without you know, killing every single strand on my head.
7. They let the
chemicals color sit for another 40 minutes or so.
Those tin foil can be reused to heat food in the oven. Trust me.
8. Washed my hair again.
9. Revitalizing treatment (for about 30 minutes) to condition my newly-colored hair. THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT. Do not color your hair this light without getting treatment right after.
Ahhh… a free back massage for more awesomeness.
10. Washed my hair again for the nth time.
11. Migs trimmed the ends and cut my bangs. This time, I wanted it full. It was too late when I realized that it makes me look fat.
12. Blow-dried to perfection. Whee~
Finished product. And yes, I don’t wear make-up on a daily basis, okay???
Yes, guys! That’s how this hair color is achieved. If you’ll notice, my hair has varying shades of blonde, which I like. It’s shala. LOL. Bear in mind that I’ve had lighter hair since last year so we didn’t go from black to blonde. If you have virgin hair, I suggest that you don’t go blonde right away as it might ‘comatose’ your locks. Also, the price depends on how light/dark and long/short your hair is and what treatment you’re gonna get.
I know I said I wanted to go all-out-platinum but I listen to my stylist as he knows the condition of my hair better than I do. So my CL hair turned out to be Jessica Jung-hair.
Which is not so bad… Ahlurveeet~
Thanks again to my dear stylist, Migs Alquiros (and the owner, Sir Fred)! Good luck on your hair competitions! If you guys wanna try go blonde or just have your hair colored and styled, check out the Hairshaft Salon at the 3rd floor of The Podium! And oh, if you do, please tell ‘em you read about ‘em here!
ps: Not everyone who goes blonde wants to look like an Asian popstar or an Anglo immigrant. It’s cool and fun! They’re just pegs.
pps: Making your hair blonde and getting full bangs WILL NOT make you look like CL or Jessica Jung. Just sayin’.
Trackback from your site.