10 Signs You’re Addicted to My Husband’s Lover
To say that My Husband’s Lover is phenomenal is an understatement. The show has become such a hit that I’m pretty sure even the producers, staff and crew and the cast were shocked by the generally positive response of the public.
Given the fact, too that they’re killing the ratings, it’s quite obvious that it’s not only the bekis who are going cray cray over TomDen (and okay, fine, the other characters too). Many of the show’s fans are women who are just as absorbed in the story. Also, if more people would be honest, I believe many straight guys enjoy the show, too.
So, are you one of us who are gaga over MHL? Here are 10 signs you’re addicted to My Husband’s Lover. [click to enlarge photos]
1. That Kuh Ledesma song has been your LSS since the pilot ep. Like legit. It’s in your head while you’re at work, during your commute and sometimes, it’s even the soundtrack of your dreams. *cue music* “Should we stay or should we say good bye…..”
2. You identify as a TomDen shipper. Perhaps you haven’t even supported a local love team since the Romnick Sarmienta-Sheryl Cruz pairing but you’ve fallen in love with not only the Vincent-Eric characters but the actors who play them as well.
3. You join the #MyHusbandsLoverDay__ Twitter party every night and you would do everything in your power to make sure it trends nightly.
4. If you miss the show on TV, you automatically check out the illegally uploaded episode on Youtube ‘coz there is no way you can miss an episode of MHL.
5. Orrrr… You could be one just of those who actually bought a cellphone with TV so you won’t miss any TomDen moment wherever you may be.
6. You’re really happy that My Husband’s Lover is getting support from many sponsors (hence longer commercial gaps) but you demand that there be longer airtime for the show itself because clearly, 30 minutes of TomDen goodness on your screen every night isn’t enough.
7. The other sleeper hit, Please Be Careful with my Heart also makes you kilig but you can say with conviction that Vincent-Ervin has pwnd Sir Chief-Maya.
8. You could be one of the many who, for years have depended on cable TV and the Internet for their entertainment but have found a renewed interest in local TV because of this show. Not just that – you’re actually affected emotionally to that point that you find your self screaming, shouting or talking to the TV monitor while watching.
9. If you’re creative and have been exposed to international fandoms online, you’re most likely itching to write a VinRic fanfic (shit, that rhymed!) or do an FMV (fanmade video) and even work on photo manips. Because no fandom is complete without fan art and fan works.
10. You may not necessarily identify as a “Kapuso” and probably don’t give a rat’s ass about the titles “Kapamilya” or “Kapatid” (because you believe good entertainment isn’t limited by the stations they are airing in) but dang, you’re definitely a “Kalaguyo”, a
lame name which I just invented now to describe the legions of fans of My Husband’s Lover. LOLZ please disregard the last sentence ‘coz I’m on crack.
I have been asked why MHL is a hit even with women and quite honestly, I can’t explain why. I was even surprised that many of my friends (who have no prior knowledge of the terms yaoi, BL and M2M and have not watched Brokeback Mountain) are also fans of this show and the TomDen love team!
Perhaps the premise is new, and homosexuals are being represented and shown in a different light this time, something that hasn’t been done on local TV. Maybe the actors are just reeeaaaally good to look at and have this insane chemistry that even many heterosexual screen partners don’t have. Who knows! All I know is that we enjoy the show. Tapos!
And don’t get me started with this whole morality issue. Please, homophobia is sooo medieval (but hypocrisy is still uso, apparently). If programs that deal with kidnapping, killing, corruption, domestic abuse, switching babies at birth and even terrorism don’t faze you but you’re uncomfortable with MHL, then clearly you need to check your moral compass.
I know, I know I’m biased. I did not even mention anything about Carla Abellana or Lally’s family’s storyline. LOL sorry. Sue me. It’s just that when I spazz with my friends about the show, no one even brings up the “wife.”
I guess this should’ve been titled “10 Signs You’re Addicted to the Husband and the Lover”. Hahaha!
Please don’t forget to follow us on Twitter: Kring, My Korean Boyfriend, Jimmy Kim
And “like” us on Facebook: Kring Elenzano / My Korean Boyfriend / C.N.A. Philippines
Subscribe to my YouTube account: FunnySexy
Tags: BL, Carla Abellana, Dennis Trillo, gay, GMA7, homosexuality, Kapamilya, Kapatid, Kapuso, Kuh Ledesma, love, maya, My Husband's Lover, My Husband's Lover GMA7, Philippine TV, Please Be Careful with my Heart, Sir Chief, Tom Rodriguez, TomDen, TomDen love team, videoblogger Philippines, yaoi
Trackback from your site.